The OPC AE .NET Server Toolkit is an Alarm & Events add-in option for the DANSrv OPC DA .Net Server Toolkit, making the server compliant with the OPC A&E specification, in addition to DA2 and DA3.
Event Sources can be OPC DA items or any other signal source. The toolkit is flexible, easy to use and does not restrict the user.
All application specific server code is in a .NET assembly that can be coded in C#, VB.NET or with any .NET compiler. The generic server part handles the .NET wrapping of client calls and callbacks. The user only needs to implement a .NET assembly with a simple interface based on convenient .NET data types.
The AE option is available for the DANSrv Standard Edition and the Professional Edition, making the toolkit economical for simple applications and also powerful enough for highly complex applications.
Why use .NET for OPC Servers ?
C# and VB.Net are the preferred tools of many software developers. OPC servers can be developed much like any other .NET application, when based on the DANSrv Toolkit. No DCOM issues have to be handled by the developer. The toolkit generic server handles the DCOM client interface and the .NET wrapping. The OPC server can interface devices with TCP/IP or serial communication or front-end another application or a database. The database access or the 'device' communication is what has to be implemented in the customization assembly and this is well supported by .NET.
Direct I/O port access can also easily be handled through .Net. port access classes usually provided with the hardware.
The features of the OPC AE server toolkit include:
- OPC AE V1.1 compliant generic server and sample applications
- High performance and efficiency in large and small applications
- Free-threaded design and hand-optimized .Net wrappers
- Fully integrated into Visual Studio .NET.
- Generic server supplied for:
- .NET Framework 1.1 in 32-bit mode
- .NET Framework 2.0 in 32-bit mode
- .NET Framework 2.0 in 64-bit mode
- The same customization plug-in assembly works with all generic server versions.
- VB and C# sample application projects for Visual Studio 2003, 2005 and 2008.
- The Visual Studio integrated help contains detailed information about the customization interface and includes the OPC specifications. Context sensitive help displays the needed information without long searches.
- The customization assembly can easily be debugged
- The supplied test clients allow the user to interactively test each OPC server function
- Developer license with one time fee, no run-time licenses required
- The license includes an Updates/Support subscription for 90 days.
Access from UA Clients
The UAtoCOM converter server enables UA client applications to access the DANSrvAE based OPC DA/AE servers.
With access either direct or thru the converter server OPC DA/AE and OPC UA clients can simultanously access the same DA/AE server.
Fully functional and OPC compliance tested VB.NET and C# sample applications are provided. and can be used as the starting point for user specific Alarm&Event servers.
The provided Alarm&Events test client can be used to check the server functionality. The server capabilities can be queried and filters can be set to restrict the reported events.
|Base test client dialog:
Event Subscription Window
- DANSrv OPC DA .NET server toolkit, Standard or Professional Edition
- Windows 7, 8.x, 10 or Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- 32-bit and 64-bit
- .NET Framework 4.x
- Visual Studio 2010,2012,2013,2015 or 2017, C# or Visual Basic
Download the free evaluation version to test the toolkit in your application before you purchase. The evaluation software has the functionality of the Professional Edition. It has a run-time limitation and the server has to be restarted after 30 minutes.
Click "Online Store" if you don't see the online-store table below. Then, add the evaluation license to the shopping cart and go through a simple checkout.